Search This Blog

Thursday, January 2, 2014

My Diet's Next Phase

Today is Thursday, January 2, 2014. I am 6 days out from having had gastric sleeve surgery, and I've lost about 16 pounds. The thing is, I have told almost no one, especially at work, that I had this surgery. I just said I was taking a couple of weeks off work! People are judgmental, and I just didn't feel like I could share it with them. 

I joined a gastric sleeve support group on Facebook, and they often post really good information about the various stages that they are in. One I found today was about moving into the soft food phase, which will be my next phase. Here's what one gal said she eats:

Refried beans with light sour cream and puréed salsa a little cheese.
Cottage cheese.

Puréed bean soup.

Pudding

Yogurt


Instant potatoes 


Puréed chicken n noodle


Scrambled eggs


Puréed cornbeef hash


Laughing cow cheese


Oatmeal


These just sound like normal things, right? you have no idea how wonderful they sound to me right now!

Here's another receipe I just got:  Ricotta Bake: 8 oz ricotta, 1 egg, add Italian seasoning, mix well spread in a dish sprayed with pam, add 1/2 cup low sugar low carb marinara to top with 1/2 cup of low fat mozzarella cheese bake at 350 until brown. so so good slices like lasagna

No comments:

Post a Comment